East Lothian; 20 miles east of Edinburgh; near Dalkeith
sleeps up to: 14
Caitlin house is one of the largest self-catering houses in the Lothians, only half an hourís drive from Edinburgh. It is one of the finest holiday houses to rent in Scotland. Lying in a beautiful Estate, it is situated in one of Scotland's most gorgeous stately homes. The imposing location above the House and overlooking the Lammermuir and Pentland Hills, boasts fabulous views and provides one of the best vantage points in East Lothian.
Comfortably sleeping parties of 12 to 14 in six bedrooms, the farmhouse is ideal for golfing parties, family gatherings, holidays or celebratory weekends, as well as corporate hospitality events. There are extensive gardens with plenty of parking space, a patio, barbeque area and a walled orchard, ideal for football! You can even work on your swing in the practice bunker. Guests can take advantage of our corporate membership of the Scotch Malt Whisky Society and enjoy a unique lunch or evening out at the Vaults in Leith or at their elegant rooms in Queen Street in the centre of Edinburgh
Caitlin House is also close to 20 excellent golf courses, sweeping sandy beaches, fishing, sailing, horse riding, hill walking, Musselburgh Racecourse, Glenkinchie Distillery, the Scottish Seabird Centre and the city of Edinburgh itself. There are 20 km of pathways on the estate for those who want a jog before breakfast! This luxury holiday house offers the finest accommodation for an idyllic holiday in Scotland.
* Bedrooms - 6: 3 doubles, 3 twins
* Bathrooms - 4
* Dishwasher * Washer machine and dryer
* Fridge/freezer * Large electric range cooker * Microwave
* Satellite TV, DVD, stereo, CD player
* Full central heating * Cot and high chair available on request
* Extensive gardens * Patio, with good quality furniture and BBQ
* Edinburgh 14 miles away - only half an hour's drive
* Edinburgh Airport 20 miles
* Rail stations at Longniddry, 6 miles, and Newcraighall, 8 miles
* 1 mile to the nearest pub; good quality pubs and restaurants within a 7 mile radius
* Maid service and cook available
* 22 excellent golf courses all within a 20 minute drive
* Falconry, archery, clay pigeon & pheasant shooting available
* 20 miles of walking paths all on the adjacent Estate
* * Pets not allowed indoors, but kennelling available next to house
This is a perfect house for a holiday or short break for a large party in East Lothian - top-quality luxury accommodation.
It is perfect for entertaining, with a large kitchen and beautifully furnished rooms throughout. The large, claret-coloured dining room has splendid furniture, a piano and an open fire - perfect for a family gathering or special meal.
There is an elegant sitting room, also with an open fire, as well as a games room.
The six bedrooms are on the first floor and all have stunning views towards either the Pentland Hills to the west or Lammermuir Hills to the south.
There is plenty of parking space outside, extensive gardens, a patio, barbeque area and a walled orchard.
Sleeps up to
typical pricing (per week)
May 31, 2008
June 7, 2008
Pricing for all other times of year on request. Prices are subject to change; call us to confirm current pricing.