Sarlat area [12 miles southeast]; walk into small village
sleeps up to: 12
Manoir Voutiere is situated in a village close to the important medieval town of Sarlat, it sits just across the road from the river Vesere.
These natural cavities were occupied by cave dwellers approximately 55 000 years ago. Later, during the Middle Ages and up until the Renaissance Period, they gradually changed to become a fortress and protected town.
External features on site: * Barbecue * Garden * Swimming pool (exclusive use)
The house built around 1820, has been lovingly restored by its present owners to an exceptionally high standard and features:
* Entrance hall - with its original stone door surround and cloakroom
* Kitchen - beautifully designed farmhouse kitchen, with all modern technology, include gas oven and electric fan oven microwave.There are two fridges, electric built in steamer, dishwasher, granite work surfaces. The kitchen leads on to the dining area.
* Dining room area - with an antique dining table to seat twelve.
* Lounge - features a stone fireplace for log fires on a cool evening, supplemented of course by the oil fired central heating. The lounge also enjoys an excellent hi fi system and satellite TV and DVD home cinema system.
* Six bedrooms - major features of this lovely house are the bedrooms, furnished tastefully with a mix of English and French antiques, each bedroom enjoys its own private bathroom, a rarity here in France.
Mezzanine - off the lounge:
* Library - this is very popular with our guests.
A large Laundry room and drying area,complete with washing machine, dryer,and large freezer.
A private inner courtyard garden, for those sunny lunches and dinners alfresco. This leads to the pool area with its beautifully situated 11m x 5m swimming pool and gazebo to seat twelve. The house is sited in private grounds of around two acres.
Bedrooms: 3 double, 3 twin
Bathrooms: 6 bathrooms
Internal facilities: Central heating (gas), Hi-fi system, TV, Wood burning fire or stove, Internet Access (Wi-fi)
Kitchen facilities: Fridge, Cooker, Microwave
Linen: All bed linen and two bathroom towels per person are included.
The living room in the Manor
Sleeps up to
typical pricing (per week)
July 11, 2009
July 18, 2009
Pricing for all other times of year on request. Prices are subject to change; call us to confirm current pricing.